Thursday, December 22, 2011

70 Minutes & 52 Seconds

I sure LOVE My Daddy-O.. where time flies by, info is traded, laughs are consistent . . 
And once the 70 minutes  52 seconds were up all i could think of is: 
while my dad was at ntc I missed our phone chats.. and now that he will soon leave for another tour. I know for fact I will miss an hours talk. I look forward to sleepless nights when in Michigan. 
My last visit (back home to MI) was back in '09' stayed for about a month. My dad was then on Drugs to Cure a Liver Disease. I knew he had changed in a sense, regardless, My Dad! Still strong, still carrying on. Working the civi life as a truck driver, doing the army on weekends. He took it all. The good the bad. He saw the brighter side! He fought the meds when he could of sank into giving up and lets just not do this anymore. He was giving through the VA 'to not have to pay' When in fact he met people who would long to continue this horrible treatment but could not afford it. (not to mention his heart attack and stroke a few years before)
Yes my dad stayed positive, Alone at times, Rough at times, He saw the brighter side. .He always did!. . and that is Me and now his Grands, and many many years that are yet to come, he does not want to Miss!
He Did It! He is healthy and his body is back to normal. His emotions, are almost back to what they were. Only as you age and mature do your emotions (of the heart) truly change. And from that I see - a Man who has been filling his broken heart from years ago. I feel my dad is probably the Man he should of been many years ago,  Just took God a while to mellow down his ways. Nonetheless I am thankful and Proud to have been a witness to this. 
You see, I am currently struggling with another tour. I think this will be his third since I was 18. I am seeping it in that this could be, but hopefully not, my last time in Michigan with my dad there to physically hug. I have so many worries, so many concerns, I cannot let this affect my feelings that I know to be true. 
-I was born to a man, named John Michael. 
He is always my rock, 
always a teacher, 
always my supporter, 
ForEver My Hero, 
My Daddy!
This military life I live in, truly is NOT easy. It makes me thinks of things that most would not. I think of bad things, that could happen, but only to prepare myself. 
But I hope and pray for the best! For life to continue on normally 
(in the world of the military way, i have come to accept)
But still i sit here and cry. 
I cry for the Joy my daddy has given me.
I cry for the not knowing of what will come.
I guess Its best to cry now with a hug from him,
Then to cry over a casket that gives no comfort.
I don't want my Daddy to go, But away he must.
He is a Great guy, fighting for me and you.
But All in All
I'm just
A DADDY's Girl!!
(Struggling to keep her Smile)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He's . . . . . . . . . . 
A Son, 
A Brother, 
A Grandson, 
A Cousin, 
A Nephew,
An Uncle,
A Friend,
But most important, 
He's My Dad!
My ForEver Hero!




Here are some pictures of Me and My Daddy-O through out the years.


Random Baby pictures of me my dad sent
bottom right is my mom holding me and my dad to the right
We are on Uncle Claude's  Yacht 


All Time Favorite Picture of Me & Dad


Dads R&R from ____ @ Grandma's Place 

Cruise on the "Summit" Ship - With My Grandma - His Mom 
(Most Wonderful Women In the World)


My wedding day  *tear* 

Me and Dad at the Renaissance Festival 2007


Feb 2010 Mt Rainier Behind us - I know the quality sucks sorry 

I have loads more pictures but no time to search them all out, but you catch the drift, right?
:::I Am My Daddy's Girl:::


Here is a posting on my facebook and this is my Dads response (dated June 20th of 2011)

Be ALL that YOU can Be, An Try some more. Its possible! Don't Worry of the outcome. Just BE, and succeed your OWN expectations. Don't wait around for anyone to tell you them, or help you along the way. Just be accountable for YOURSELF and the Life YOU are creating for You and/or your Family. 
-Thought came to me as I was cleaning. . .

Daddy wrote  >>>  what you wrote above is what i was saying to you in front of god to please send you this message and to see you write is .. thank god for love love ..
 DAD
_______________________________________________
He shows very few the light and darkness of his own heart. 
Either way, good or bad, 
I'm always going to be here for you Dad!
I Love you deeply,
I Miss you terribly,
I Look forward to many more
70minutes and 52seconds =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment