Thursday, January 12, 2012

Loooong Days

So monday we started our long road trip to MI. .  Surprisingly it took us 50 Hours with a 5yr and 2 yr old. (God is good) The passes were clear of snow ;) no crazy drivers, no accidents, no long delays from rush hours in major citys . . my mama helped drive when I got, as I say 'road vision' sure there was lack of sleep and lots caffine but we made it, the truck made it.
It has been a long time coming, its been over 2 years since I have been to my home town.
It makes me smile that I still know the expressway and streets (speed) limits. I still know which exit to take for this and that. But then again I don't think I will ever forget. . I learned to drive here. I've road tripped and traveled on most roads in this state. i can go out of the county i was born in and still know my way back. Its refreshing to be here. Almost like memory lane ;)
So Ethan is adjusting nicely, he even told which road to turn down to get to papas house :) hes a smart one.. he was so happy when papa came home from work..and the following day when he had to go to work it was bitter sweet bc he asked 'papa will you come back home?' makes me think that ethan was thinking about how is daddy is going to work but for a long time (two months) the army sure knows how to take away a parent for whatever reason and it leaves my son (ethan) wondering and questioning "Will you come home" Ethan is such a Mans Boy.. He loves to have guy time, Tough play, hiking, playing wii games, etc. . .
As for Declan he is getting into anything and everything, here at my dads. ever cabnit has been open ever door he has tried to open (i brought my child safety door thingys) this is a new place to him. and new people too.
It took me till last night to realize that the last time I was here deco was in my belly.. my grandma, my uncle, my cousins, never met him. So hes being a bit shy, warming up but nonetheless shy. its cute in a sense . . but it also saddens me as well.. on the bright side im glad we are here for him to know more off his roots, and feel all the love and of course get lots of pictures with family.
I have alot more to write but I am tired and my bodys time clock is messed up.. though I wont let it take away from what I have been given,, and thats time with my daddy, time with my family.
 so i will end by just say this...
I am Greatful to be here, thankful we all made it here with ease, I am joyful that my mom came out to Wa to help us drive here.
I am So lucky and Blessed!

goodnight world

No comments:

Post a Comment